Basil Mint Pesto
YIELD About 1 cup
PREP TIME 20 mins
TOTAL TIME 20 mins
• 1 1/2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
• 3/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
• 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 large clove garlic, quartered
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Place basil, mint, almonds, oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic and salt in a food processor; pulse a few times, then process until fairly smooth, or to the desired consistency.
Tip: To toast sliced almonds Cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Uses: Add to pasta or as spread on sandwiches. Delicious!
Per Serving: cal. (kcal) 70, Fat, total (g) 7, sat. fat (g) 1, carb. (g) 2, Monounsaturated fat (g) 5, fiber (g) 1, pro. (g) 1, sodium (mg) 74, Potassium (mg) 86, Fat (gm) 1.5, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet