Roast Chicken & Sweet Potatoes
Makes: 4 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 1/2-2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F. Place a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
- Combine mustard, thyme, 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl; spread the mixture evenly on chicken.
- Toss sweet potatoes and onion in a bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and spread the vegetables on it. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Return the pan to the oven and roast, stirring the vegetables once halfway through, until the vegetables are tender and beginning to brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into a
chicken thigh registers 165°F, 30 to 35 minutes.